STILL recovering after a few too many St. Patrick's Day frothies last week? Then best tuck into some bush damper with an Irish twist.
4X4 Australia’s roving Irishman had added Guinness to the favourite Aussie campsite meal, and the result is... interesting.
Don't knock it until you try it.
- Self-raising flour
- Salt (a pinch or two)
- Sugar (preferably brown sugar)
- Unsalted butter
- Mix the flour, salt, melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the Guinness until the mix darkens.
- Knead the dough until it can be easily shaped.
- Grease the camp oven.
- Heat it on the campfire for 20-25 minutes, depending on the amount of heat generated from the coals.
- When cooked, take the damper from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut good chunks from the damper and spread with butter, golden syrup or jam.