MERCEDES-BENZ will premiere its hotly anticipated V6-powered X350d at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in Switzerland.
Benz’s 3.0-litre six-cylinder engine, with common-rail direct injection, generates 190kW and 550Nm, with plenty of torque available at low engine speeds. For comparison’s sake, the four-cylinder X-Class X220d and X250d variants squeeze out 120kW/403Nm and 140kW/450Nm respectively.
The V6 turbocharged engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission, with a Dynamic Select mode switch – Comfort, Eco, Sport, Manual and Offroad – included as standard.
Getting off the beaten track is made easy thanks to impress off-road digits: 600mm wading depth, up to 222mm of ground clearance, approach and departure angles of 30° and 25°, and rampover angles of up to 22°.
The permanent AWD system with low-range reduction gear features a two-stage transfer case, an optional rear diff, and a central diff is fitted with a fixed torque distribution of 40:60. Suspension runs to a double-wishbone front axle, multi-link rear, and coils up front and back.
The top-of-the-range X-Class will be let loose in Europe from mid-2018, in Progressive and Power guises. Expect a mid-year local launch.
X-Class gets segment first AEB as standard
- 17-inch six-spoke light-alloy wheels
- Air vents in electroplated silver chrome
- Leather-lined steering wheel and parking brake
- Seats in black Posadas fabric (optionally ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre)
- Audio 20 USB and an eight-speaker system
- Simulated, chrome-plated underride guard in the front bumper
- Chrome-plated rear bumper
- 18-inch six-spoke light-alloy wheels
- LED High Performance headlamps
- Dashboard with large trim element in a matt-black pixel look and with upper section in ARTICO man-made leather
- Seats in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre (optionally black or nut brown leather)
- Electrically adjustable seats
- Audio 20 CD with a multifunctional touchpad
The 88th Geneva Motor Show will take place from March 8 until March 18.